Frequently Asked Questions

1. When will Phil Baker be available for a performance or tour?

Phil presents programs throughout the year. 

2. How far will he travel?

Phil travels throughout the United States and many countries around the world.

3. How do we schedule an assembly or performance?

To discuss your needs for a school assembly, family performance, or professional development training, please contact Baker Street Records, (605) 361-8501, or

4. How much does a program cost?

Fees vary by program.  Please contact Baker Street Records, (605) 361-8501, or

5. Is our organization eligible for grant funding?

The South Dakota Arts Council offers grant funding for nonprofit organizations located in South Dakota. 

The Heartland Arts Fund provides grant support for nonprofit and arts organizations located in Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, and Wisconsin, with primary funding coming from the National Endowment for the Arts.

For additional information, please contact Baker Street Records, (605) 361-8501, or 

6. Do you have a brochure and press kit?

Yes, you may request written information on any of our programs, as well as a press kit.  The press kit includes a press release, biography, photo, poster information, and other important promotional items.

7. What are your staging, technical and sound requirements?

In most cases, we bring along our own sound system.  However, in the event we need a sound system these are our requirements:

Professional venues: Full sound system with one stage monitor, wireless microphone, mic stand with boom extension, direct box for acoustic guitar, equalizer and reverb unit, CD player, and sound engineer

School venues: Sound system with microphone and stand, CD player, and extra mic cord

Stage requirements: Phil works either on ground, floor, or stage.  For stage performances, please include a set of stairs and a wheelchair accessible ramp.

Audience size and area: Schools should have an area appropriate for up to 350 children to move around for activities (conga line, limbo).  Outdoor shows may have larger audiences.   

8. Can our organization sponsor a concert or tour?

Yes, Baker Street Records works with a variety of civic and corporate sponsors to provide entertainment for family audiences.

9. Do you offer fundraising opportunities?

Yes, we can help plan a fundraising event for your organization.

10. Does Baker Street Records do assessment, research design, and evaluation?

Yes, we can set up a research design and create a detailed report of findings.

11. Do you have references?

Yes, we will be happy to provide a list of references.  Please contact Baker Street Records, (605) 361-8501, or



  ©  All Rights Reserved
(605) 361-8501 /